The Lone Star Justice Alliance, in conjunction with their advocate partners, plans to host the Lone Star Juvenile Lifer Summit (on Second Look) on November 17-18.
The Summit will take place in the conference center at the Robert E. Johnson Building located on the north side of the State Capitol at 1501 S Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78704. Parking will be available in the State Capitol parking garage just a short walk away.
If you would like to be on a mailing list so that we can provide information about registration and the Summit as it becomes available, please sign up below.
Tentative topics include:
· Second Look: Create a campaign plan that integrates a diverse group of voices, including families, survivors, formerly
incarcerated, advocates, attorneys, faith leaders, and community members.
· Litigation Strategies: Outline current
litigation options available to youth tried as adults and update participants about the current plans to challenge these
sentences in Texas.
· Parole Process: Give participants concrete strategies for developing the best parole packet possible and outline
generally the current parole process in Texas.
· Community Building: Provide a space for building up the community of individuals impacted by Texas’s harsh
· Build a Culture Shift Message: Plan ways that this community can help shift the discourse on individuals sentenced for violent offenses.
If there are any other topics you would like to see covered in the Summit, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.